Thank you so much for volunteering to provide coffee hour. It is a perfect example of the hospitality and friendliness our church is known for!
- Provide any assortment of baked goods and/or fresh fruit you would like to provide. Packaged store bought goodies are as appreciated as anything homemade.
- Provide juice ~ generally at least 2-gallons during busy times.
- Provide coffee ~ one small can of any brand, cream and /or milk.
- Cold cups, hot cups, napkins, plates, plastic cutlery (if needed), stirrers, sugar and sweeteners are provided and are located in the cabinets labeled “Coffee Hour”. [It is a good idea to check the cabinet the week before in case supplies are low and either let the coffee hour coordinator know or bring your own supply.]
How to make the coffee
It takes time to brew, so start the coffee BEFORE the service.
- Use the large percolator and disassemble it.
- Fill the urn to the 80 cup line (generally, unless you sense a bigger gathering).
- Empty the small can of coffee in the top part of the urn and reassemble the percolator.
- It is advisable to heat hot water in the small percolator for tea drinkers or if you are providing hot cocoa.
Please DO NOT set the food and cold drinks on a table closest to the kitchen window as it hinders people trying to get to the coffee.
*Coffee Hour During the Summer
If it is nice outside, set up a card table or two (found in the Narthex or bring a table from Rauner Hall and place in the front yard area near the main walkway. Serve iced tea and lemonade.